Clams Casino My Way
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
14 ozchoppeed clms drained
1 smallgreen pepper finely chopped
1 smallonion finely chopped
1 tspminced garlic
1 1/2 citalian seasoned bred crumbs(i use progresso)
1/4 cdry white wine(chardonney)
1/4 cfresh lemon juice
2 ozdiced pimento
1/2 tspcayenne pepper
1/2 tsptabasco ( use more or less to taste)
5 slicethinely sliced bacon
How to Make Clams Casino My Way
- In a medium skillet, saute the freen pepper, onion and garlic in the butter; Cool
- Cut bacon strips in chunks and saute until cooked but not crispy.
- Add the bacon, clams, bread crumbs, wine, lemon juice pimento, cayenne pepper, Tabasco and salt to the vegetables in the skillet and mix well.
- If you have large clam shells stuff the clam mixture into them. If you don't have those put the mixture into an 8x8 greased dish. Bake on a cookie sheet for 15 to 20 minutes at 350*F. Great for a main course luncheon dish or a first course.
- It is so good you won't miss the shells.