Catfish Nuggets and...........
- 1 to 2 lb
- catfish nuggets, skin removed
- 1 to 2 c
- breading (shore lunch, etc.) i use my own
- 1 to 2 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1 c
- boiling salt water to par-boil
- deep fry oil
- salt and pepper
- tartar and/or coctail sauce to serve
How to Make Catfish Nuggets and...........
- 1How to git er done: Thaw the nuggets if frozen, I usually buy the fresh unfrozen. Par-Boil for one minute in boiling salted water ( 2 teaspoons salt to 2 quarts of water). Most nuggets have the skin removed when purchased.
- 2Place nuggets on ample paper towels to absorb moisture.To further dehydrate I like to place in covered container in fridge over night and prepare the following day. NOTE: The boiling removes some of the oils and dehydration ensures no soggy middles in the finished product.
- 3When ready to deep fry, prepare your bowls of 1. Breading or Coating (Shore Lunch, Fry Krisp, or such. I use my own concoction). 2. Beaten Egg and Milk mixture, and 3. The Panko Bread Crumbs. Use additional coating and panko as required.
- 4Get you deep fry oil up to temp, then dip nuggets to cover into the coating mix, then into the egg and milk wash and then into the panko crumbs. In lieu of the panko crumbs you could just re-coat them with the breading or coating. I like the crispness and crunch of the panko.
- 5Deep fry until golden of your choice. Then place on paper towels to absorb excess oil. Serve and enjoy.
- 6Note: See my "All Purpose Breading and Coating Recipe" I will be adding my Tartar Sauce recipe of which I add a dab of Tabasco Sauce for a little kick. And I'll add my "Cocktail Sauce" of which I add a little Worcestershire Sauce for extra bounce. Happy Cooking, Gary
- 7Note: I prepare these in 1/3 pound batches for a personal meal. Note also these reheat nicely in the oven 1 to 3 days later. I assume they would freeze well also. They also hold up well in a Stir Fry and Teriyaki or other Stir Fry sauce, another of my favorites. My Favorite Pairing for fish regardless of how prepared is a side of Mac and Cheese.