Calvin's Salmon Cakes-Southern Style
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1-15 oz
- salmon, canned
- 1/2-1 c
- self rising cornmeal, yellow or white
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped onions
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped green and red peppers
- 1 large
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
How to Make Calvin's Salmon Cakes-Southern Style
- 1Chop onions and peppers and set aside. Place heavy skillet( cast iron preferred) with about two tablespoons oil on stove top. Sautee vegetables until soft.
- 2In mixing bowl place canned salmon, beaten egg and seasoning. Mix together. Add vegetables and cornmeal and mix until everything is moist.
- 3Mold mixture into balls. Press down with spatula. Place in hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. Serve with grits or potatoes as a breakfast meat.