Calabash Style Fried Shrimp
2 lbmedium to large shrimp, cleaned, deveined and tails removed
2 call purpose flour
·canola oil for frying
·salt to taste
How to Make Calabash Style Fried Shrimp
- stir together flour and cornstarch in a shallow baking dish until well combined.
- In a separate dish, mix eggs & 1 cup of milk together
- Place a heavy cast iron skillet over medium heat. Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches or so, into the skillet.
- Heat oil over medium-medium high heat.
- When oil reaches roughly 375 degrees, dip shrimp in egg mixture and dredge in flour, then place shrimp in hot oil, being careful not to crowd the skillet. Turn shrimp as needed.
- Line serving dish with paper towels near skillet.
- Cook shrimp for about 2 to 3 minutes or just until golden and crispy. . Remove to paper towels. Salt to taste before serving.