Calabash Style Fried Shrimp
How to Make Calabash Style Fried Shrimp
- 1Put flour in a shallow baking dish.
- 2In a separate dish, mix eggs & 1 cup of milk together
- 3Place a heavy cast iron skillet over medium heat. Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches or so, into the skillet.
- 4Heat oil over medium-medium high heat.
- 5When oil reaches roughly 375 degrees, dip shrimp in egg mixture and dredge in flour, then place shrimp in hot oil, being careful not to crowd the skillet. Turn shrimp as needed.
- 6Line serving dish with paper towels near skillet.
- 7Cook shrimp for about 2 to 3 minutes or just until golden and crispy. . Remove to paper towels. Salt to taste before serving.