Beer-Battered Fish and Chips
Daily Inspiration S
- 1 lb
- cod fish filets, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 c
- dark beer, divided (such as negra modelo)
- 1 lb
- baking potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
- 3/4 c
- all-purpose flour
How to Make Beer-Battered Fish and Chips
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine fish and 1/4 cup beer in a medium bowl. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 2Place potatoes on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt; toss well. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until browned and crisp, stirring after 10 minutes.
- 3Drain fish, discard liquid, and sprinkle fish with 1/4 tsp. salt. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup, level with a knife. Combine remaining 3/4 cup beer, flour and 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper in a medium bowl. Add fish to beer mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- 4Heat remaining 3 tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove fish from bowl, shaking off excess batter. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn fish over, cook 3 minutes or until done. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 tsp. salt. Serve immediately with chips.