☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 medium
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 1 1/2 c
- mushrooms, fresh, diced
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 2 can(s)
- tomatoes, canned italian style with juice
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 16 oz
- whole wheat egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp
- sea salt
- 2 c
- queso/mexican style cheese, shredded
- 2 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 jar(s)
- four cheese alfredo cheese sauce
How to Make Zesty Chicken Alfredo casserole
- 1First heat water for the egg noodles according package directions. Now, dice your chicken breasts up into 1 inch cubes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Once egg noodles are in the water, heat olive oil in deep skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until chicken turns white and mushrooms and onions are soft. Add both cans of tomatoes - one with juice and one drained. Add Salt. Cover and cook another 10 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking. Keep an eye on your noodles to be sure they don't overcook.
- 3Drain noodles and rinse with cool water - set aside to let drain completely. Remove skillet from heat. Use a deep, glass casserole dish or a nonstick cake pan and coat the bottom with butter, PAM or olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 4Now begin to layer the ingredients. Start with 1/2 of the noodles spread evenly over the bottom of the dish/pan, followed by the chicken mixture distributed with a slotted spoon (you don't need to use the juice from the skillet) as even as possible over the noodles. Cover layer with 1 cup each of the two cheeses. Open the jar of alfredo sauce, drizzle 1/2 of jar evenly over the top of the layer (it may be easier to pour the alfredo sauce into a measuring cup with a spout and pour it from there). Now, cover layer with remaining half of egg noodles and repeat process, EXCEPT drizzle the remainder of the alfredo sauce over the noodles and chicken BEFORE you top it off with the remaining two cups of cheese.
- 5Place casserole into preheated over and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly. Serve with favorite italian bread/roll.