Yummy Chicken Wings
2 lbchicken wings: separated-tip removed
3 clovegarlic minced
1 Tbspgrated fresh ginger
3green onions-sliced-whites and greens separated
1/4 csoy sauce
1 Tbspsesame oil
1 tspchili flakes--more of less to taste
2 tspcorn starch
How to Make Yummy Chicken Wings
- In a small bowl make a slurry with the cornstarch and the 1 tablespoon water. Set aside.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a saute pan. Toss in the garlic, ginger, and white parts of the green onions, cooking for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the soy sauce, honey, lime juice, sesame oil and chili flakes. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Sauce can be made a few hours ahead and stored in the fridge.
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper and place in a rimmed baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
- Pour about 3/4 of the sauce over the wings and return to the oven for 20 minutes or until wings are cooked through and sauce is sticky.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Garnish with reserved green onion tops and left over sauce if needed. Enjoy!