Turkey Tetrazzini - Dee Dee's
Diane Hopson Smith
I used two methods of cooking, starting on top of the stove and finishing in the oven.
While I used fresh pasta, you can use store bought as well. I have a new pasta machine I'm enjoying and must say it does make a nice difference.
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb
- spaghetti, cooked al dente (i used fresh pasta)
- 6 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- shallots, chopped (optional)
- 6 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 c
- turkey or chicken stock (or broth)
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/4 c
- white wine, dry (can use cream in place of wine)
- 1 tsp
- thyme, dried (or a couple tbsp fresh)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb
- cooked turkey (i used leftover smoked turkey)
- (13.25-oz) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained good
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 to be used in mixture reserving 1/2 for topping)
- 3/4 c
- panko bread crumbs
How to Make Turkey Tetrazzini - Dee Dee's
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 X 13-inch casserole dish.
- 2Cook spaghetti until al dente; drain and set aside.
- 3In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. If using; add shallots and saute until tender. Add flour, cook and stir for about 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually stir in stock and continue cooking until sauce is smooth and thickened. Stir in cream and wine; cook just until bubbly. Add thyme, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in Turkey, mushrooms and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Taste test and add additional seaonsings if desired.
- 4Place pasta in prepared casserole dish; pour turkey mixture evenly over top of pasta.
- 5Mix panko and the other 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and sprinkle over turkey mixture.
- 6Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly around the edge.
- 7Once cooked, turn broiler on for 2 to 3 minutes to brown top.