Turkey Tetrazzini - Dee Dee's
Diane Hopson Smith
I used two methods of cooking, starting on top of the stove and finishing in the oven.
While I used fresh pasta, you can use store bought as well. I have a new pasta machine I'm enjoying and must say it does make a nice difference.
Hope you enjoy!
1 lbspaghetti, cooked al dente (i used fresh pasta)
1/2 cshallots, chopped (optional)
6 Tbspall purpose flour
3 1/2 cturkey or chicken stock (or broth)
1/2 cheavy cream
1/4 cwhite wine, dry (can use cream in place of wine)
1 tspthyme, dried (or a couple tbsp fresh)
·salt and pepper to taste
1 to 1 1/2 lbcooked turkey (i used leftover smoked turkey)
1(13.25-oz) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained good
1 cparmesan cheese, grated (1/2 to be used in mixture reserving 1/2 for topping)
3/4 cpanko bread crumbs
How to Make Turkey Tetrazzini - Dee Dee's
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 X 13-inch casserole dish.
- Cook spaghetti until al dente; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. If using; add shallots and saute until tender. Add flour, cook and stir for about 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually stir in stock and continue cooking until sauce is smooth and thickened. Stir in cream and wine; cook just until bubbly. Add thyme, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in Turkey, mushrooms and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Taste test and add additional seaonsings if desired.
- Place pasta in prepared casserole dish; pour turkey mixture evenly over top of pasta.
- Mix panko and the other 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and sprinkle over turkey mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly around the edge.
- Once cooked, turn broiler on for 2 to 3 minutes to brown top.