Tomato Basil Chicken
- olive oil, for sauteing
- 1 1/2 lb
- skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 fillets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp
- dried oregano
- 1 lb
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/4-1/2 c
- fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- light butter (brummel & brown is a good brand)
- servings of cooked pasta (optional)
How to Make Tomato Basil Chicken
- 1Heat olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat.
- 2Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and oregano. Place in heated skillet and cook about 5 minutes each side, or until cooked throughout.
- 3Turn heat to medium, and then add the halved cherry tomatoes and garlic. Cook about 4-5 minutes more.
- 4Add basil and butter to skillet, and stir until well combined. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Turn heat to low and let simmer about 5 more minutes.
- 5Serve as is or over cooked pasta.