Tomato Basil Chicken
·olive oil, for sauteing
1 1/2 lbskinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 fillets
·salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 Tbspdried oregano
1 lbcherry tomatoes, halved
4 clovegarlic, minced
1/4-1/2 cfresh basil, chopped
2 Tbsplight butter (brummel & brown is a good brand)
6servings of cooked pasta (optional)
How to Make Tomato Basil Chicken
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and oregano. Place in heated skillet and cook about 5 minutes each side, or until cooked throughout.
- Turn heat to medium, and then add the halved cherry tomatoes and garlic. Cook about 4-5 minutes more.
- Add basil and butter to skillet, and stir until well combined. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Turn heat to low and let simmer about 5 more minutes.
- Serve as is or over cooked pasta.