Sweet-Tangy Plum Spiced Chicken
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/4 lbskinless, boneless chicken thighs
1/2 tspchinese 5- spice powder
4green onions, more for garnish, chopped
1 Tbspextra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cchicken broth
1/2 cplum jam
2 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
How to Make Sweet-Tangy Plum Spiced Chicken
- In a bowl, toss the chicken thighs together with Chinese five-spice powder and salt.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat extra-virgin olive oil until hot. Add chicken thighs and cook 5 minutes on each side until browned and juices run clear. Transfer thighs to a plate; cover to keep warm
- In drippings in skillet, on medium heat, cook chopped green onions until browned, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, plum jam, and balsamic vinegar; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and reduce down until sauce is syrupy, about 4 minutes.
- Return the chicken thighs to the skillet and coat with the sauce...Garnish with green onions.