Splendid Tables Hard-Fried Chicken
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 1/2 c
- cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- cups all-purpose seasoning, such as morton's season all
- 2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 Tbsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying
- chicken, washed, patted dry, cut into 8 pieces, and well chilled
- sea salt
How to Make Splendid Tables Hard-Fried Chicken
- 1Make the dredge: In a large bowl, combine the flour, seasoning, baking powder, and pepper.
- 2Fry the chicken: Prepare a deep-fryer or fill a large (at least 6-quart) pot halfway with oil and heat to 355°F to 360°F. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, shake off the excess, and fry until the chicken is dark brown and the crust is brittle, 16 to 18 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season with salt to taste.