Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Penne Pasta
- 6 Tbsp
- 4 clove
- garlic, finely minced
- 2 bag(s)
- baby spinach
- 2 can(s)
- baby artichoke hearts, drained & halved or quartered
- large boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 3 c
- whole milk
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- grated mozzarella cheese, part skim or regular
- 1/2 c
- low sodium chicken broth (less or more) only if needed
- 12 oz
- penne pasta, cooked until al dente
- 1/2 c
- seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
How to Make Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Penne Pasta
- 1On medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large, deep skillet. Add garlic and throw in the spinach. Stir until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove spinach from skillet and set aside.
- 2Add 2 tablespoons butter to the same skillet and raise heat to high. Throw in the artichokes & stir until they get a little color - about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the artichokes from skillet and set aside.
- 3Reduce heat to low. Add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet. When melted, spinkle in the flour and whisk until combined. Pour in milk and whisk to combine. Let cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until starting to thicken. Add Parmesan, Mozzarella, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Stir to melt. If too thick, add in chicken broth if needed.
- 4Add the artichokes and cooked pasta, tossing gently to combine. Gently fold in spinach, then pour the pasta into a serving bowl (or casserole dish). Sprinkle the top with plenty of Panko Breadcrumbs for crunch and top with crushed red pepper flakes.
- 5Serve immediately!