Spicy Chicken Strips
- chicken tenders
- 2-3 c
- vegetable oil
- 3/4 Tbsp
- white pepper (yes, that's 3/4 tbs!)
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 c
- self rising flour - see note
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- salt (scant)
- eggs, beaten
How to Make Spicy Chicken Strips
- 1If you don't have self rising flour you can make your own (Google it)- or just use regular flour.
- 2Make a little assembly line: Combine dry ingredients in pie pan.
- 3Crack 2 eggs in another flat bowl or pie pan, beat until blended.
- 4Place wire rack at the end of your assembly line.
- 5Dip chicken tenders in egg bath first. Then dredge in flour mixture. Place on wire rack to rest for about 20-30 minutes. (This sets up the coating and helps it stick to the chicken.)
- 6Heat about 1/2 c. vegetable oil, add more as needed. (Depends on how big your pan is, etc.)
- 7Fry chicken tenders on med-high heat, but watch carefully as coating can burn easily if too hot!
- 8Drain on paper bag or paper towels. Keep warm in oven while you make gravy, if desired.
- 9Note: Original recipe called for 1 TBS. white pepper, but I found it too spicy, so I reduced that amount to suit my taste.