Spicy Chicken Strips
2-3 cvegetable oil
3/4 Tbspwhite pepper (yes, that's 3/4 tbs!)
1/2 tspcayenne pepper
1/2 cself rising flour - see note
1 1/2 tspsalt (scant)
How to Make Spicy Chicken Strips
- If you don't have self rising flour you can make your own (Google it)- or just use regular flour.
- Make a little assembly line: Combine dry ingredients in pie pan.
- Crack 2 eggs in another flat bowl or pie pan, beat until blended.
- Place wire rack at the end of your assembly line.
- Dip chicken tenders in egg bath first. Then dredge in flour mixture. Place on wire rack to rest for about 20-30 minutes. (This sets up the coating and helps it stick to the chicken.)
- Heat about 1/2 c. vegetable oil, add more as needed. (Depends on how big your pan is, etc.)
- Fry chicken tenders on med-high heat, but watch carefully as coating can burn easily if too hot!
- Drain on paper bag or paper towels. Keep warm in oven while you make gravy, if desired.
- Note: Original recipe called for 1 TBS. white pepper, but I found it too spicy, so I reduced that amount to suit my taste.