My husband said he wanted some spicy,saucy chicken,but not tomatoey. I checked out some UTube videos and saw this recipe,I know he loves hot food but 1/4 c of crush red pepper flakes?? Yowl! I think that's way to spicy even for him,I'm going to put maybe a tablespoon,with all that other hotness,I think that will be spicy enough.I don't think he's eaten Korean food before but I'm going to try.Sometimes he likes to challenge me! Another change I'm going to make is I'm going to brown the chicken,then add the sauce and boil,I think the chicken will be more flavorful,not just hot.
11. Cut chicken wings or chicken thighs into bite sized pieces. Wash and drain.
2. Make seasoning paste by mixing soy sauce, garlic,hot pepper paste, hot pepper flakes, and sugar.
3. Put the chicken and onions into the seasoning paste. Mix it with a spoon.
4. Add water to the pot and mix it up.
5. Bring to a boil over medium high heat for 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, peel potatoes. Wash and drain them, then cut into large chunks 2 inch across. Set aside.
7. Chop green chili peppers and green onions into small pieces. Set aside.
8. 20 minutes later, add the potato chunks and chopped green chili peppers to the pot. Stir with a spoon, then let it cook with the lid closed for another 20 minutes.
9. Open the lid and cook another 3-5 minutes. Keep the lid open to boil away some broth and thicken.
10. Occasionally take some broth from the bottom of the pot and pour it over the top so everything gets some delicious broth.
11. Transfer it to a large serving plate and sprinkle chopped green onions over top.