Spicy Braised Chicken( Dakbokkeumtang)
- 2 lbs chicken wings or thighs
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c mince garlic
- 1/4 c hot pepper paste
- 1/4 c hot pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 c. medium onions,cut into large chunks
- 2 c water
- 3-4 ( 1.5 lb) potatoes,cut into large chunks
- 2 green chili peppers
- 2 green onions
How to Make Spicy Braised Chicken( Dakbokkeumtang)
- 11. Cut chicken wings or chicken thighs into bite sized pieces. Wash and drain.
2. Make seasoning paste by mixing soy sauce, garlic,hot pepper paste, hot pepper flakes, and sugar.
3. Put the chicken and onions into the seasoning paste. Mix it with a spoon.
4. Add water to the pot and mix it up.
5. Bring to a boil over medium high heat for 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, peel potatoes. Wash and drain them, then cut into large chunks 2 inch across. Set aside.
7. Chop green chili peppers and green onions into small pieces. Set aside.
8. 20 minutes later, add the potato chunks and chopped green chili peppers to the pot. Stir with a spoon, then let it cook with the lid closed for another 20 minutes.
9. Open the lid and cook another 3-5 minutes. Keep the lid open to boil away some broth and thicken.
10. Occasionally take some broth from the bottom of the pot and pour it over the top so everything gets some delicious broth.
11. Transfer it to a large serving plate and sprinkle chopped green onions over top.