☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 c
- chicken broth or stock
- chicken thighs or 2 breast
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- bell pepper, any color
- 1 c
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoes, canned and chopped, with liquid
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- hot sauce
- 1 can(s)
- black beans, rinsed and drained
How to Make Southwest Chicken Soup
- 1Remove skin from the chicken. Pour broth into a stock pot. Add the chicken. If using bone in but whole pieces into the broth. Simmer until the chicken is done. If you are using boneless, cut into bite size pieces and add the remaining ingredients.
- 2While chicken is simmering chop the onion and peppers. Open the cans of tomatoes and beans. You can use either 16 or 24 oz cans.
- 3If you used bone in chicken, remove the pieces at this time and let cool a little. Add the vegetables and rice. When chicken is cool enough to handle cut the meat off the bones and add to the pot.
- 4Add hot sauce to taste. Use your favorite brand.
Soup will need to simmer until vegetables and rice are done. Serve with corn chips and extra hot sauce.