Southern Fried Chicken
2 1/2-3 lbchicken
2 cself rising flour
1 tsponion powder
1/2 tspground sage
1/4 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Southern Fried Chicken
- Rinse chicken,pat dry and set aside.
- Fill electric skillet no than half its depth with vegetable oil.Heat to 325-350 degrees F.
- In large ziploc bag combine flour and seasonings.(I usually make extra and put in another bag in case flour mixture gets to clumpy after you start coating chicken)
- Mix eggs with water.Put in dish large enough to dip chicken in.
- Shake chicken, one piece at a time in flour mixture and lay on cookie sheet.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then shake again in flour mixture til completely coated.
- Fry chicken,a few at a time,skin side down for 15-20 minutes.(i usually can fit 8 legs in skillet at a time)
- Turn chicken,put a lid on skillet and fry another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue to fry another 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and let set for 5 minutes before serving