Saucy Chicken and Asparagus
2 lbfresh asparagus
3large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
2 Tbspcooking oil
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 tsplemon juice
1/2 tspcurry powder
1 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Saucy Chicken and Asparagus
- Cut bottoms off of asparagus spears (about 1 inch); place in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until asparagus is partially cooked.
- While asparagus is cooking, brown chicken in oil in a skillet, over medium heat, on both sides; season with salt and pepper.
- Place asparagus spears vertically in an 11 x 7 inch baking dish; place chicken breasts over the asparagus.
- In a bowl, combine soup, mayo, lemon juice, and curry powder, pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with cheese; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Notes: The original recipe called for 4 chicken breasts, and I originally made it this way. (Back then I would say the Chicken breasts were probably medium sized) These days I find that the chicken breasts in the stores are just HUGE and 4 of them "throws off" the recipe somewhat... In this case I use 3 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise to make 6 smaller breast pieces. (All in all about 2 lbs. of chicken)