Rolled Stuffed Chicken Breast in Lemon Sauce
- 4 large
- chicken breasts, whole (or can use boneless, skinless)
- 2 box
- stove top stuffing, any flavor or your own stuffing
- 1 c
- flour, seasoned with salt,pepper, paprika
- 1/2 c
- white wine
- 1/2 c
- lemon juice
- 1/4 c
- butter,melted or olive oil
- 1/4 c
- water or chicken broth
How to Make Rolled Stuffed Chicken Breast in Lemon Sauce
- 1As above, you can either debone each whole breast, keepin the skin on or use boneless skinless breasts. I like to pound them a bit to thin them a little, then you can fit the stuffing and roll them nicely. I place them in a large plastic bag, one at a time and hit them gently with a food mallet or the bottom of a can if you don't have a mallet. Meanwhile, make your stuffing according to the package directions or use something different like cooked broccoli and cheese,cooked asparagus or homemade meat stuffing.
- 2Stuff each breast and roll to cover all stuffing with the breast then roll in seasoned flour. Put aside on a large dish and complete this process for all four breasts.
- 3In a casserole dish that will fit these nice and snug, add wine, lemon juice,melted butter(or oil) and mix.Place the rolled breasts seam side down in the dish. Sprinkle tops of breasts with paprika. Cook uncovered and after about 20 minutes add water .Baste tops of breasts with the juices/sauce. Cook another 25 minutes and remove from the oven. Let them rest about 10 minutes before slicing into rounds as shown in photo and can top with sauce from the pan.