Ridiculously Easy Baked Chicken with Rice
1 can(s)vegetable release spray (pam)
4-6chicken leg quarters
2-4 tsplawry's garlic salt
1 1/2 clong grain rice, uncooked
1 1/2 cchicken stock
1 1/2 cwater
How to Make Ridiculously Easy Baked Chicken with Rice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Spray a 9" X 13" glass or heavy metal pan with vegetable release spray.
- Sprinkle one teaspoon of Lawry's Garlic Salt evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Wash and pat dry the leg quarters. If the pieces are extra-large, cut the legs and thighs apart. Place the chicken pieces on top of the garlic salt, being careful not to crowd them.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Lawry's Garlic Salt on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the teaspoon of paprika over the chicken pieces.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately one hour, or until juices in the pieces run clear and the skin is crispy.
- After the chicken has been in the oven for 30 minutes, prepare the rice.
- Melt 1-2 tablespoon butter in a 2 quart covered saucepan. Once the butter has melted, sauté the uncooked rice, stirring carefully until all the rice grains are coated with the butter.
- Next, stir in the chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer the rice for 15-20 minutes. Keep warm until the chicken is done.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Measure out one tablespoon of the drippings, and stir them into the cooked rice. The cook needs to taste the rice and add salt as needed.
- Serve the chicken and rice with a side salad or steamed broccoli.