Pesto Chicken Penne
2chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
16 ozpenne pasta, uncooked
1 cchopped fresh spinach
8 ozfresh crimini mushrooms, sliced
2 mediumroma tomatoes, diced
1 cbasil pesto sauce
1 cfeta cheese crumbles
3 slicebacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
2 Tbspolive oil, divided
How to Make Pesto Chicken Penne
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in skillet. Add spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms. Saute stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Heat another Tbsp oil in skillet. Add chicken strips and cook until chicken is done.
- Add pesto to chicken and saute another 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook penne according to package directions. Drain.
- Place chicken and vegetables in a bowl. Add pesto and toss to coat, mixing chicken and veggies as you do so.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and bacon crumbles.