Peruvian Roasted Chicken with Sweet Onions
- 1/2 tsp
- canola oil, plus more
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp
- ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp
- fine sea salt
- 1 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- white wine vinegar
- large sweet onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- chicken, cut into 10 serving pieces
- red or yellow bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into chunks
- lemon, sliced
How to Make Peruvian Roasted Chicken with Sweet Onions
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F. Oil a large roasting pan and set aside. In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin, sea salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar and oil to make a paste. Place onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the paste.
- 2Rub chicken pieces with remaining paste and place in prepared pan, then cover with onions, peppers and lemon. Roast, basting occasionally with pan juices, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are very tender, about 45 minutes.
- 3Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.