Persian Turmeric Chicken with Sumac and Lime
1 tspground turmeric
·fresh cracked black pepper
4chicken thighs (recipe specified bone-in but i used boneless)
2 Tbspgrapeseed oil
·ground sumac, for garnish (about 1/2 teaspoon)
How to Make Persian Turmeric Chicken with Sumac and Lime
- In a small prep bowl mix together the ground turmeric, salt and 2 teaspoons black pepper. Place this mixture on both side of the chicken pieces. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the grapeseed oil. Brown the chicken well on both sides, approximately 7 minutes each sides.
- Pour in the water and add the garlic. Stir the garlic into the water. Bring the water to a boil then reduce the heat to LOW and cover.
- Braise the chicken thighs for 25 minutes, until the inside is opaque.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a serving platter, turn up the heat in the skillet to HIGH and reduce the cooking liquid for about 2 minutes, scraping up any of the browned bits on the bottom of the skillet. Cook the liquid until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with sumac and a sprinkle of cracked black pepper. Serve the lime quarters on the side.