- 4 c
- cooked white rice
- 1 lb
- chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 large
- onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 c
- cups soup stock (dashi) (i substitute 1 cup of chicken stock and a tbsp. of fish sauce from the asian market)
- 5 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- eggs, lightly beaten
- green onions, thinly sliced
How to Make Oyako
- 1Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and thinly slice onion. Put dashi soup stock in a pan and heat.
- 2Add soy sauce, mirin, and sugar in the soup. Put chicken in the pan and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Add onion slices to the pan and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- 3Beat eggs in a bowl. Bring the soup to a boil, then pour the eggs over chicken and onion. Turn the heat down to low and put on a lid. After one minute, turn off the heat.
- 4To serve, first put steamed rice in a deep bowl, then place the chicken and egg on top of the rice.