Noodle Bowls with Chicken and Veggies
3 qtvegetable stock or chicken broth
1 1/2 lblinguini (you can use an asain noodle if you choose)
1 1/2 lbchicken tenders, cut into bite-size chunks (not breaded)
8scallions, cut into bite-size pcs. on an angle
2 cshredded carrots
1 pkgfresh shiitake mushrooms (about 24), coarsly chopped
1/2head bok choy, trimmed and shredded
1/2 lbsnow peas, cut in half on an angle
·fresh cilantro or chives, chopped, for garnish (opt)
How to Make Noodle Bowls with Chicken and Veggies
- Bring 3 quarts of vegetable stock or chicken broth to a boil in a large soup pot. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a separate large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain just before it is done. It will finish cooking while it sits in the noodle bowls.
- Divide the cooked pasta into 4 equal amts and put them into 4 deep bowls.
- Meanwhile, add chicken pcs to the boiling broth and poach for about 5 min.
- Add veggies to the bowls of pasta. Ladle the broth and chicken equally into the four soup bowls so they cover the veggies and noodles. Cover the bowls tightly with small plates and let them steep for about 5 minutes.
- Uncover your bowls and serve. Add more salt and pepper, to each person's taste. Sprinkle with garnish, if wanted and slurp away!