Mrs Knott's Boysenberry Chicken
1/2 cbutter, divided
8split chicken breasts
·sea salt to taste
·fresh ground pepper to taste
1/4 tspgrated fresh nutmeg
8 slicegood quality ham
2 cfresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cminced onions
3 1/3 cbunyan's kickin' chicken stock (recipe on j.a.p.)
1 1/2 cknott's berry farm boysenberry preserves
1/4 ccorn starch
·juice and zest of 1 lemon
4 chot cooked brown rice
How to Make Mrs Knott's Boysenberry Chicken
- MELT 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir 8 chicken breasts in butter until browned and thoroughly cooked, about 30 minutes
- Remove from skillet, season chicken with the salt, pepper and nutmeg and cover to keep warm.
- COOK and stir ham in pan with juices from chicken, then set aside with the chicken.
- Add remaining butter to the same skillet.
- Add mushrooms, stir and cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to pan with chicken and ham.
- ADD onion to same pan and cook until tender.
- Blend in 3 cups of the chicken broth. Cook and stir 5 minutes
- BLEND cornstarch into remaining chicken broth in a cup or small bowl.
- Add to sauce; cook and stir until thickened and smooth
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, lemon peel and preserves.
- ARRANGE chicken, mushrooms and ham on a bed of rice. Top with sauce.