Microwave Enchilada-style Chicken Pie
It is fast and what a great thing for summer to Keep from heating up the kitchen.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cchopped onions
1 can(s)5-ounce can chunk chicken, drained, chopped
1 can(s)4-ounce can chopped green chiles, well drained
3/4 cripe olives, sliced, drained
4 oz(1 cup) monterey jack or cheddar cheese
1/8 tspgarlic powder
3drops hot pepper sauce
1 pkg15-ounce package refrigerated pie crusts
1 tspworcestershire sauce
How to Make Microwave Enchilada-style Chicken Pie
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions for unfilled one-crust pie using 9-inch microwave-safe pan or 10-inch microwave-safe tart pan.
- Flute edges. Generously prick crust with fork.
In medium bowl, combine 1 egg and Worcestershire sauce; blend well.
brush lightly over pie crust. (Reserve any remaining egg mixture for filling)
- Microwave on High for 6 to 8 minutes, rotating pan 1/2 turn every 2 minutes.
Crust is done when surface appears dry and flaky.
- FILLING; Place onions in small microwave-safe bowl. Cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Drain well; set aside.
- To assemble pie, layer chicken, cooked onions, chiles, olives and cheese in cooked pie crust.
To reserved egg mixture, add milk, 3 eggs, salt, cumin, garlic powder, pepper and hot pepper sauce; blend well. Pour mixture slowly over cheese.
- Microwave on HIGH for 8 to 11 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean, rotating pan once halfway through cooking.
Let stand on flat surface 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, top each serving with salsa, sour cream, avocado slice and parsley.