Mexitalian Chicken and Gravy
1 pkgknorr parma rosa sauce
1 pkgknorr roasted chicken gravy
2 cwater, divided 1 cup/1 cup
1 can(s)rotel lime and cilantro diced tomatoes
·oil for pan or use rendered chicken fat
·salt for the chicken
2green onions, chopped
·some cilantro leaves
How to Make Mexitalian Chicken and Gravy
- You'll need a pan for the chicken, a small bowl to mix the dry sauces with 1 cup of water, a plate to hold the chicken while you make the sauce, and serving dishes.
- Trim most of the fat from the chicken and put it in the pan to render. Meanwhile add dry mixes to a bowl and stir in 1 c of water until relatively smooth.
- Dry the chicken and salt it , the fat should be rendered. Remove crispy pieces from pan and save for later to eat. Add the chicken and fry at medium-high until chicken is almost done.
- Place chicken on a plate and cover.
- Add chicken and spoon sauce over to cover. Taste the sauce for salt. Let simmer 30 minutes until chicken is done and sauce has reduced, stirring occasionally and turning the chicken.
- Make your favorite french fries and a green salad. I made cannellinis with tomatoes, garlic and oil.
- To serve, place french fries on plate with a piece of chicken, ladle the sauce over the fries and the chicken, garnish with green onions and cilantro. Enjoy!