Mexican Fried Chicken
- broiler-fryer chicken (cut-up or 4 lg chicken breasts)
- (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1/4 c
- (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers
- 2 tsp
- fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp
- lime juice
- garlic clove (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 c
- all-purpose flour
- lime wedge's (optional)
How to Make Mexican Fried Chicken
- 1In a bowl combine sour cream, milk, chili peppers, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- 2Place chicken pieces in a bag and set in a shallow dish. Pour sour cream mixture over chicken, seal bag.
- 3Refrigerate overnight, turn bag occasionally.
- 4Place flour in a shallow dish.
- 5Remove chicken from sour cream mixture shaking off excess.
- 6Discard sour cream mixture remaining in bag.
- 7Add chicken pieces to flour mixture, a few at a time, turning to coat.
- 8Add oil to a 12-inch heavy skillet to a depth of 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Heat over medium high heat until hot (350F) Reduce heat.
- 9Carefully add chicken to the skillet. Cook uncovered, over medium heat about 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 F for breast, 180F for thighs and drumsticks), turning occasionally to brown evenly.
- 10Drain on paper towel.