Mexican Chicken Spaghetti
4skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 lbspaghetti (reg or wheat)
1 cchopped green peppers
1 cchopped onions
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1-1/2 cpicante sauce (mild, medium or hot)
1 lbvelveta cheese (can add mexican blend if desired)
How to Make Mexican Chicken Spaghetti
- In large pot, boil chicken breasts until tender. Let chicken cool when done and chop or shred.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain. (I also break before cooking or cut after to make smaller pieces).
- In large microwave safe bowel, melt cheese in microwave. Add peppers, onions, soup, water and picante sauce. Mix well. Add chicken and spaghetti. Mix. Spoon into two shallow 2 quart baking dishes.
- Bake 350 F for 35-45 minutes or until it bubbles.
- This looks like a mess when stirred together, but tastes really good when finished!
** Each casserole makes about 6 servings. This freezes really well. If going to freeze, wrap tightly with extra-heavy duty foil; To bake a frozen casserole, bake for 1 hour.
***This can be halved by using only 1 can of either cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup.