Margarita Chicken Penne
2 largeboneless chicken breast
1 pkgpenne pasta
3 mediumroma tomatoes
1 mediumred onion
2 Tbspchopped garlic
1 stickbutter, salted
1 tspcoarse sea salt
1/3 cfresh basil cut into thin strips
1 pkgfresh baby spinach
How to Make Margarita Chicken Penne
- Preparation: Place Chicken Breasts, Tequila, lime juice, orange juice and sea salt into a freezer bag to let marinate. At least 3-4 hours. Next time, I may marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Once marinating is complete, coarsely chop tomatoes and set aside. Then dice onion and set aside. Cut fresh basil into thin strips and set aside.
- Grill Chicken on the grill until cooked thoroughly. Then set chicken aside to rest at least 10 minutes before cutting into chunks.
- Place noodles on the stove top in boiling water. Cook until firm consistency (Al Dente).
- In a skillet, melt 1 stick of butter. Add garlic and onion. Cook until caramelized. Add to skillet, tomato, fresh basil and spinach. Cook for 10 minutes on stove top.
- Cut chicken into bite size chunks then stir into skillet sauce.
- Once noodles are cooked, strain, then add chicken and tomato sauce to noodles. Stir in shredded Parmesan cheese if desired.