Maple-Butter Roasted Chicken
Daily Inspiration S
- 1/2 c
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp
- maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bunch
- fresh thyme sprigs (reserve 4 sprigs for serving)
- whole chicken, washed and dried well (3.5-4 pounds)
- lemon, quartered
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Maple-Butter Roasted Chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix softened butter, maple syrup, and chopped thyme into a paste.
- 2Place chicken into a roasting pan and stuff cavity with lemon and all but the 4 sprigs of thyme. Loosen the skin on the chicken breast and thighs and spread half of the butter mixture under the skin. Rub remainder of the butter mixture on top of chicken that has been seasoned with salt and pepper.
- 3Roast the chicken until a thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, registers 185 degrees F (approximately 1.5 hours). Remove chicken, cover loosely with foil and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- 4Carve chicken and garnish with the remaining thyme sprigs.