Lemon Chicken with Red Peppers and Snow Peas
4 tspvegetable oil,divided
1 1/2 cthinly sliced sweet red bell peppers
1 1/2 csnow peas, trimmed
1 smallonion, cut into thin strips or wedges
1 lbboneless, skinless chicken breat, cut into thin strips
1/4 cwhite rice flour
1 cchicken stock
4 tspfresh lemon juice
1 tspvegetable oil
1 tspsesame oil
1 tspfresh lemon zest
2 clovegarlic, minced
2 tspchopped fresh parsley or cilantro
How to Make Lemon Chicken with Red Peppers and Snow Peas
- Prepare vegetables, set aside.
- Place rice flour and salt in a medium mixing bowl, whisk to combine.
- Thinly slice chicken, toss with rice flour. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine the chicken stock, lemon juice, sugar, sesame oil, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, lemon zest and garlic.
- Whisking constantly, bring sauce mixture to a boil over medium high heat.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add peppers, snow peas and onions.
- Stir/toss constantly until tender/crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon remove to a large serving bowl, set aside.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons vegetable oil.
- Add coated chicken strips, stir-fry for 8 minutes or until done. (8 minutes is the longest you want to cook your chicken unless it's cut thick)
- Using a slotted spoon remove chicken and place it on top of the pepper/snow pea mixture.
- Quickly reheat sauce.
- Pour half of the sauce over the chicken mixture-stir or toss well to combine.
- Reserve the rest of the sauce to serve at the table.
- Serve over hot white rice.
- You can easily sub shrimp for the chicken if you prefer.