Honey Glazed Chicken With Peppers and Goat Cheese
- 1/4 c
- goat cheese
- 1/4 c
- fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- whole chicken, 3 lbs (or substitute 4 skin on chicken breasts)
- 2/3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 clove
- red jalapenos, (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/3 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes
How to Make Honey Glazed Chicken With Peppers and Goat Cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F In a small bowl, combine the cheese and cilantro; set aside. Remove the neck and giblets from the chicken. One side at a time, slip your fingers between the skin and meat to loosen the skin. Once your entire hand is under the skin, free the skin around the thigh and leg area. Rub the cheese mixture under the skin of the chicken.
- 2Brush the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the garlic cloves and lemon half in the cavity of the chicken. Fold under the neck skin and skewer to the back; tie the legs to the tail. Place, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. If desired, insert a meat thermometer into the center of the inside thigh muscle. Add the jalapeno peppers to the roasting pan.
- 3Roast, uncovered, for 60 minutes, spooning the juices over the chicken occasionally. after 60 minutes, combine the honey and crushed red pepper. Brush on the chicken. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes longer or until the drumsticks move easily in the sockets and the chicken is no longer pink (180°F). Remove the chicken from the oven. Brush with any remaining honey mixture. Cover; let stand for 10 minutes. Cut the chickens into quarters. Serve with the roasted jalapenos.
- 4To substitute chicken breasts, use 4 small bone-in chicken breast halves. Stuff the cheese mixture under the skin and brush with oil. Omit the garlic and lemons. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Proceed as with the whole chicken.