Homemade Chicken and Apple Smoked Sausages
I chose corn husks - they make for a pretty presentation. You can use aluminum foil until they are almost done, then unwrap and continue to cook on the smoker to get that wonderful smoke flavor.
Another bonus...you know exactly what is in them - and you can pronounce every ingredient! You control the fat, sodium and smoke flavor.
They are great right off the grill or you can save them for your favorite dishes.
- 1 lb
- boneless, skinless, chicken breast
- 1/2 c
- finely grated apple with juice, i chose cameo
- 2 Tbsp
- finely grated onion with juice, i chose a white onion
- 2 large
- large cloves grated garlic with juice - i used a microplane for the this task
- 1/4 tsp
- finely minced fresh rosemary
- 1/8 tsp
- ground sage
- 1/4 tsp
- brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh ground pepper, i used about 3/4 tsp - i like peppery sausage
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, room temperature