Herbed Chicken Thighs with Honey Mustard Glaze
7 Tbspbutter, unsalted (divided)
1 1/2 tsppoultry seasoning
1 tspkosher salt
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/2 tsponion powder
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
4-5 lbchicken thighs (12)
3 Tbspdijon mustard
3 Tbspmustard, whole grain
How to Make Herbed Chicken Thighs with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Measure 5 1/2 Tbsp of the unsalted butter (softened). Reserve the other 1 1/2 Tbsps for later. Add all the seasonings to the 5 1/2 Tbsps butter and mix well to for a compound butter.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large baking dish in a single layer.
- Pull back the skin and place a bit of the herbed butter on each piece, using all the butter. Replace skin to cover.
- Slather the reserved butter over the tops of the chicken thighs.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn oven temperature up to 425 degrees. Transfer the chicken pieces to a baking tray that is lined with non-stick foil.
- While oven is increasing in temperature, make a glaze by mixing the Dijon and the whole grain mustard with the honey in a small bowl. Brush the glaze on top of the chicken pieces, using all of the glaze.
- Bake the glazed chicken in the 425 degree oven on the top rack for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a simple potato and vegetable.