Herbed Chicken in Pastry
Here is a better brake down of the times.
Thaw: 40 minutes
Prep: 35 minutes
Bake: 25 minutes
Chill: 15 minutes
Cool: 10 minutes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- chicken breast halves, boneless
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 pkg
- (17 oz.) puff pastry sheets, frozen (1 sheet)
- 1 Tbsp
- 4 oz
- garlic and herb spreadable cheese (i used alouette)
- 1/4 c
- fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Herbed Chicken in Pastry
- 1Season chicken with salt and pepper if desired. Melt butter in skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned. Remove chicken. Cover and refrigerate 15 minute or up to 24 hours.
- 2Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature (about 30 to 40 minutes).
Mix egg and water, set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 F.
- 3Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll into 14 inch square and cut into 4 (7-inch) squares. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the cheese spread in center of each square. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley and top with cooled chicken. Brush edges of squares with egg mixture. Fold each corner to center on top of chicken and seal edges. Place seam side down on baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture.
- 4Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before serving.