☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 largechicken breasts, skinless and boneless
8 slicesourdough bread, 1/2 inch thick
1/2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
4 tspparmesan cheese, shredded
1tomato, cut into 8 thin slices
2 Tbsppesto sauce
How to Make Grilled Pesto Chicken Sandwiches
- Slice tomato into 8 thin slices and set aside.
- Mix cheeses and set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 4 thin pieces. Broil for about 3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, spread equal amounts of butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Place buttered side down in a large skillet and top each slice with equal amounts of cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown on the bottom.
- Top half the slices with tomato and cooked chicken, spread pesto over chicken and top with remaining slices.