2 lbchicken, cut up
1/4 cwhite vinegar
3 Tbspsoy sauce, dark
1/4 tspground ginger
10 clovegarlic, chopped
1/2 - 1 tspcrushed red pepper
How to Make Garlic Chicken
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, honey and ginger in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken, cook about 10 minutes or until evenly browned on all sides.
- Add garlic and red pepper.
Cook, stirring often, 2-3 minutes.
Drain excess fat.
- Add vinegar mixture and reduce heat to simmer.
Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- Uncover chicken, cook about 2 minutes, or until sauce is reduced and thickened.
Serve on a bed of white rice or alone.
- Chef Note: I like to bump this up a little bit sometimes and will add small pieces of broccoli, celery, green pepper and some sliced carrots to the mix. I would add them during the 15 minutes of simmer time. Try experimenting!!