Gabriella's Chicken Parmesan
·6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
·1 tsp. salt
·1/4 tsp. black pepper
·2/3 cup flour
·3 large eggs
·1 cup dry italian seasoned breadcrumbs
·1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the dish
·3 1/2 cups homemade or store bought tomato sauce
·2 cups shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
·1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheesse, plus more for serving
·1 lb. angel hair pasta
·2 tbsp. chopped fresh italian parsley for garnish
How to Make Gabriella's Chicken Parmesan
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400. Lightly oil a jelly roll size baking dish, 15 x 10 inches. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil over high heat.
- One at a time, put half a chicken breast between two plastic storage bags. Pound with flat side of meat pounder or rolling pin til meat is about 1/2 inch thick. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Put flour in shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat eggs with 2 Tbsp. water. Put breadcrumbs in third bowl. Put a platter next to the breadcrumbs.
- One at a time, coat chicken with flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip in beaten egg mixture to coat, letting excess egg drip back into dish. Roll in breadcrumbs. Put on platter. Let breaded chicken stand for 10 minutes to set coating.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. In batches, add chicken to skillet land cook, turning once, til golden brown on both sides, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer chicken to prepared baking dish.
- Pour tomato sauce around chicken in baking dish. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmigiano cheeses over chicken. Bake til cheese melts, about 8 minutes
- Meanwhile, just before serving, add pasta to water and cook as pkg. directs til al dente. Drain well. Transfer pasta to six deep bowls. Top each with equal amounts of the sauce and a chicken breast half. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot with extra grated Parmigiano cheese to pass. For the skinny variation, don't use the flour, eggs or breadcrumbs, and do not bread the chicken. Saute chicken in nonstick skillet over medium heat without any oil til browned on both sides and the chicken feels firm when pressed in center, about 6 minutes. Transfer to baking dish, add tomato sauce. Sprinkle each chicken breast with 1 Tbsp. fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano and omit the mozzarella.Source: unknown