- large debone, skinless chicken breasts(you can use the dark meat if you prefer)
- 1/2 c
- corn starch
- 1 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp
- paprika, hot. you can use any paprika you like i just like the hot.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil, just enough to fried and brown the chicken
- 1 lb
- fresh portabello mushrooms stems removed and sliced. i use a pound because my son love mushroom
- 2 Tbsp
- clarified butter
- plastic wrap or waxpaper
- milk or half/half
How to Make Flat Chicken Steak in a Mushroom Gravy
- 1Butter and oil are approximate.
One large skillet. Rubber mallet or meat pounder.
With a tad of cold water wet the chicken breast throughtly. Or you can use milk.
Take the chicken breasts and place them between the plastic wrap or wax paper, Pound the chicken breasts, one at time, till they about 1/3 of inch thick. Wrap in plastic flat and place in refrig for a couple of hours till chilled.
Take the corn starch, paprika, panko crumbs and mix well. Coat both sides of the chicken breast well.
Place them in a heated skillet that has the oil in it. Your skillet should be hot, but not smoking. Turn down the heat and brown on all sides. Salt and pepper to taste on both sides. Remove to a plate and place in warm oven.
Melt some clarified butter in the pan. Add the mushrooms.
- 2Brown the mushrooms in the clarified butter. Remove them and place on a plate. Add more clarified butter and some flour to make a roux. Add milk or half and half to make a gravy.
Place each chicken steaks a warm serving place with the gravy on top.
- 3This can easily be made into a serving for 4 if you use large chicken breasts and cut themin half.