- rock cornish game hens, defrosted if frozed
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- cooking sherry
- 1/4 c
- salt and pepper or chicken seasoning to taste
How to Make Flaming Birds
- 1Remove giblets from frozen birds and discard or save for another use
- 2Melt butter in a heavy skillet with heat proof handles. Season birds with salt and pepper, then brown lightly all over in butter, turning frequently. About 20 minutes
- 3When hens are browned add sherry to the pan and transfer it to the oven. Roast birds 45 to 60 minutes, until they are tender basting often.
- 4Transfer hens to a heated and heat proof serving dish. Warm brandy in a small saucepan and ignite it. Pour quickly over hens and serve flaming.
- 5If you cannot get Rock Cornish hens you can use squab, small chickens or quail. Just adjust the cooking time per size / pounds of birds.