Farrah Fawcett's Chicken Marengo
She once stayed at my parents condo at Lake Conroe when she was playing in a tennis tournament at Walden on Lake Conroe.
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 (3 1/2) lb
- chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 c
- tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 c
- chicken stock
- 1 c
- dry white wine
- 1 clove
- garlic, pressed or grated
- bay leaves
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg
- frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1/4 lb
- white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
How to Make Farrah Fawcett's Chicken Marengo
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat oil in a heavy ceramic casserole with a lid. Add the chicken and brown evenly all over. Add chopped onion to chicken and cook 3 minutes.
- 2Stir in tomato puree and flour and mix thoroughly. Gradually pour in the chicken stock and wine.
- 3Add the pearl onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes to the casserole and cook, covered another 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
Just before serving, sprinkle the surface with parsley.