FAMOUS CHICKEN STEW
You can leave out the hot sauce if that's not your thing.......it's still just as good.
- whole chicken (i had a 5.39 lb. chicken)
- 1/2 stick
- 1 Tbsp
- flour (or until your desired thickness)
- 1-2 c
- milk ( i used a mix of cream and milk)
- salt and pepper to taste
- texas pete hot sauce to taste
How to Make FAMOUS CHICKEN STEW
- 1Cover the whole chicken with water and cook on medium heat until chicken is tender and pulls easily off the bone. For my chicken and size pot I poured in 14 cups of water
- 2Remove chicken, reserve broth.
- 3Pull all the chicken meat off the bone.
- 4I ended up using 10 cups of broth. Suit yourself as far as the texture and thickness of the stew and the amount of chicken.
- 5Make a thickening mixture with the melted butter and flour.
- 6Add the milk. Stir and make sure there are no lumps.
- 7Add milk to the broth. Add the chicken and season to taste. Serve with saltine crackers.
- 8ENJOY THE BEST CHICKEN STEW YOU'VE EVER HAD.