Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken With Rice
110 oz. package frozen batter dipped chicken nuggets
1 1/2 cquick cooking rice
18 oz. canned pineapple chuncks
1large green sweet pepper , cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1/2 tspinstant chicken bouillon granules
18 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
How to Make Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken With Rice
- Bake chicken nuggets according to package directions.
- Prepare quick cooking rice according to package directions.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to reserved juice to make 1 ½ cups liquid.
- Pour pineapple juice mixture into a medium saucepan. Add sweet pepper.
Bring to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender.
- Stir together vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and bouillon granules.
- Stir into mixture in saucepan.
Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, then cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Gently stir in chicken, pineapple chunks, and water chestnuts.
- Serve chicken mixture over hot cooked rice.