Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken With Rice
- 10 oz. package frozen batter dipped chicken nuggets
- 1 1/2 c
- quick cooking rice
- 8 oz. canned pineapple chuncks
- large green sweet pepper , cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- instant chicken bouillon granules
- 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
How to Make Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken With Rice
- 1Bake chicken nuggets according to package directions.
- 2Prepare quick cooking rice according to package directions.
- 3Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to reserved juice to make 1 ½ cups liquid.
- 4Pour pineapple juice mixture into a medium saucepan. Add sweet pepper.
Bring to boiling, reduce heat.
- 5Cover and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender.
- 6Stir together vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and bouillon granules.
- 7Stir into mixture in saucepan.
Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, then cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- 8Gently stir in chicken, pineapple chunks, and water chestnuts.
- 9Serve chicken mixture over hot cooked rice.