1 lbground turkey (can also use ground beef)
1 pkgmccormick enchilada seasoning
1 can(s)rotel (with lime & cilantro)
1 csour cream (can substitute w/lowfat sour cream or greek yogurt)
2 cbeef broth
1 pkgsoft flour tortillas
1 can(s)diced green chilis
2 cshredded mexican blend cheese
How to Make Easy Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 10 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Brown ground turkey or beef and drain. Add the cooked meat back to the skillet and add packet of enchilada seasoning with about 3/4 cup water. Mix well.
- Add the can of Rotel and let simmer for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a sauce pan. Add 3 tablespoons flour. Stir and let cook for one minute or until thick and bubbly.
- Add beef broth and whisk until smooth. Heat until thick and bubbly. Turn to low and add sour cream and diced green chilis. Simmer on low until thickened. Do NOT bring to a boil.
- Add 1 cup shredded cheese to the meat mixture. Put cheese and meat mixture into flour tortillas and put in prepared baking dish.
- Pour sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 22 minutes and then high broil for 3 minutes to melt/brown the cheese.
- Ground turkey and/or beef can be substituted with shredded chicken. If using chicken, replace chicken broth for beef broth.