Easy Chicken Marsala
Photo adapted from the Daring Gourmet.
1 lbthin sliced chicken breast
1 can(s)(10 ounces) au jus gravy
1small onion, sliced
1/4 cmarsala wine
1 can(s)(4 ounces) sliced mushrooms or 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
3garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tspgarlic powder
2 Tbspbutter or 1 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. olive oil
How to Make Easy Chicken Marsala
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano.
Coat each chicken breast in the mixture.
Put in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Put the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat, then add the butter and stir until it begins to melt.
Saute the onion and garlic until the onion is clear.
Once the onion is done, remove from pan.
- Saute chicken. Sprinkle garlic powder over chicken; cook until the chicken starts to brown.
Remove the chicken from the pan.
Add mushrooms, cook until lightly brown.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix can of gravy and 1/4 cup wine. Add gravy-wine mixture to pan and simmer 2 to 5 minutes and return the onion to the pan.
Let it cook another minute.
- Add the chicken and cook at medium-low temperature for 10 minutes.