Easy Chicken Chilaquiles Skillet Supper
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 10 corn tortillas (6 to 8 inches in diameter), cut into ½” strips
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (i use a rotisserie chicken, usually)
- 1 ½ cups salsa verde or green sauce
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese blend
How to Make Easy Chicken Chilaquiles Skillet Supper
- 1Heat oil in 10-inch skillet until hot. Cook tortilla strips in oil 30 to 60 seconds or until light golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350ºF. Pour out frying oil and wipe skillet gently with paper towel.
- 3Layer half of the tortilla strips in skillet; top with chicken, half of the salsa verde (about 2/3 cup) and 1 cup of the cheese. Press layers gently down into skillet.
- 4Repeat with remaining tortilla strips, sauce and cheese.
- 5Bake about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to turn golden brown.