Drunken Blackened chicken jambalaya
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbskinless chicken tenderloin or boneless skinless chicken breast
1 boxchicken broth
2 can(s)fire roasted tomatoes in regular cans 14.5 oz
5stalks of celery
3spoonfuls of minced garlic
2 sprig(s)green onion
1-2green bell peppers
1 can(s)light beer
1 boxold bay blackened seasoning
1 Tbspcajun seasoning
How to Make Drunken Blackened chicken jambalaya
- Take your chicken and season it with the old bay blackened seasoning well on both sides. Rub it in. Do as much or as little as you want. You won't use the whole box, I just never measured how much I used. Pan fry it on all sides until done. Set aside.
- Chop all your veggies. Set aside.
- In large pot, add half the box of chicken broth. Add can of beer. Let boil.
- While pot is being brought to a boil, take chicken and pull it apart or chop it into pieces.
- When pot comes to a boil, lower to medium heat. Add both cans of tomatoes with liquid. Do not drain liquid.
Add veggies and spices ad garlic
- When the veggies are soft add chicken. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the bag of rice directly to the pot. I used a small bag of rice. Cook for directed amount of time which is generally 25 minutes. Add the water if you need to as you go. You may need more than 2 cups. You can also substitute the left over chicken broth for the water.
- Please feel free to add as much or as little spices as you need or want to. :)
Dispose of bay leaves before eating