Drunken Blackened chicken jambalaya
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- skinless chicken tenderloin or boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 box
- chicken broth
- 2 can(s)
- fire roasted tomatoes in regular cans 14.5 oz
- stalks of celery
- spoonfuls of minced garlic
- 2 sprig(s)
- green onion
- green bell peppers
- 1 can(s)
- light beer
- 1 box
- old bay blackened seasoning
- 1 Tbsp
- cajun seasoning
- 3 tsp
- 3 tsp
- bay leaves
- 1 bag(s)
- 1-2 c
How to Make Drunken Blackened chicken jambalaya
- 1Take your chicken and season it with the old bay blackened seasoning well on both sides. Rub it in. Do as much or as little as you want. You won't use the whole box, I just never measured how much I used. Pan fry it on all sides until done. Set aside.
- 2Chop all your veggies. Set aside.
- 3In large pot, add half the box of chicken broth. Add can of beer. Let boil.
- 4While pot is being brought to a boil, take chicken and pull it apart or chop it into pieces.
- 5When pot comes to a boil, lower to medium heat. Add both cans of tomatoes with liquid. Do not drain liquid.
Add veggies and spices ad garlic
- 6When the veggies are soft add chicken. Cook for 30 minutes.
- 7Add the bag of rice directly to the pot. I used a small bag of rice. Cook for directed amount of time which is generally 25 minutes. Add the water if you need to as you go. You may need more than 2 cups. You can also substitute the left over chicken broth for the water.
- 8Please feel free to add as much or as little spices as you need or want to. :)
Dispose of bay leaves before eating