Crock Pot Lemon Chicken with Rice
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tsp. minced fresh parsley
- hot cooked rice
How to Make Crock Pot Lemon Chicken with Rice
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken.
- 2In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in butter; transfer to a 5 quart slow cooker.
- 3Add water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits. Pour over chicken.
- 4Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Baste the chicken. Add parsley.
- 5Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear.
- 6Remove chicken to serving platter and keep warm.
- 7If desired, thicken cooking juices and serve over chicken and rice.