Crock Pot Lemon Chicken with Rice
·6 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
·1 tsp. dried oregano
·½ tsp. salt
·¼ tsp. pepper
·2 tbsp. butter
·¼ cup water
·3 tbsp. lemon juice
·2 cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
·1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
·2 tsp. minced fresh parsley
·hot cooked rice
How to Make Crock Pot Lemon Chicken with Rice
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in butter; transfer to a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Add water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Baste the chicken. Add parsley.
- Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove chicken to serving platter and keep warm.
- If desired, thicken cooking juices and serve over chicken and rice.