Crispy Chicken over Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pasta
Diane Hopson Smith
Battered chicken fried in bacon grease served over a bed of creamy Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pasta.
What's NOT to like?
This is a remake of a recipe found on Pinterest pinterest.com/...h%%20Chicken%%20Pasta
Hope you enjoy!
8 slicebacon, crispy fried and crumbled
2 largechicken breast halves, skinless and boneless (cut in half to have 4 pieces)
1/2 call purpose flour
1 cpanko bread crumbs
1/4 cparmesan cheese, grated
3 Tbspall purpose flour
·(1-oz) packet ranch salad dressing & seasoning mix
2 cmilk, 2% ( you can use whole milk if you prefer)
1 ccup shredded cheddar cheese
·salt and pepper to taste
1(16-oz) package penne pasta, cooked to directions
·sliced green onions for garnish if desired
How to Make Crispy Chicken over Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy; drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon grease for frying chicken. NOTE: save the rest for another recipe! I never discard good bacon grease.
- I use extra-large skinless chicken breast (from SAM's) that I slice in half. Pound the chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap to about 1-inch thickness; coat chicken for frying.
- Using three cake pans or bowls; add flour to one; season with salt and pepper. Add egg and milk to 2nd pan and then panko and parmesan to third pan; seasoned with salt.
- Coat both sides of chicken with flour, coat both sides in the milk/egg mixture and then coat in panko.
- Add butter to the reserved bacon drippings, and then add chicken to the same skillet. Cook until golden browned and done; remove from pan and set aside. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before cutting/slicing it. This will help keep the chicken moist and from becoming too dry.
- Add 3 tablespoons flour and ranch dressing mix into pan. Add additional butter if needed. Stir in the milk, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the cheddar cheese; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water; drain and return to pot. Stir in all but a little of the sauce and 1/2 of the bacon.
- Plate pasta, slice chicken to go on top; drizzle with remaining sauce and top with remaining bacon and sliced green onions if desired.